Friday, June 08, 2007

Insight

What I`ve been feeling these last couple of days has led me to some deep thoughts.

The way in which I feel I`ve betrayed the trust of these two birds took my thoughts to the way in which Judas betrayed Jesus. I began to see him in a different light. I`d always thought of him as a person who had done something wrong deliberately, but now I begin to wonder.

I had no intention of harming these birds, in the best of intentions I wanted them to find their rightful home and owner. In the same way, did Judas genuinely think he was doing something to help Jesus and to help the people in what he did?

If he did, I can well understand how devastated he must have felt to go to the length of hanging himself when he realised how much he had actually betrayed Jesus, instead of helping him. I can actually feel a kind of sympathy for him.

And this morning, hearing someone talking about how we react and do thing differently when we are under pressure or stressed, to how we would were we not, made me realise too, that if I hadn`t have had a stressful morning at work that day, I probably wouldn`t have done what I did, I would have tackled the situation differently. How I wish I had.

(Don`t get alarmed, I`m not going to hang myself!)

No comments: