Sunday, June 17, 2007

Unconventional Lunch

I`ve had a very unconventional Sunday Lunch today. I wonder why it is that Sunday lunch in traditionally a roast dinner? And that is what we normally have, the only variation each week being the meat - some weeks its beef, other weeks, lamb, pork or chicken. But today, being on my own, I decided to do different. I had a toad-in-the-hole. And, it was delicious (not ofcourse that I`m praising my own cooking!).

It`s one of my favourite dishes, but one which I seldom get now, as working every morning and always having our dinner at mid-day, I can`t make it, and my parent is now too shaky with her hands to make one and put one in the oven. But I don`t think she`s think it was the right thing to do for a Sunday lunch. So, "while the cat`s away the mice will play", as they say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you.

I love toad in the hole too - and can't see why it couldn't be a great Sunday lunch.

Next time I come to your neck of the woods maybe you can make it for me :) whatever the day or time of day.

Finns each their main meal in the middle of the day too - but I still don't like it much - so now it's summer time we're back on the snack lunch (sandwiches or soup) and then food at around 6pm. I SO prefer it.

Blessed midsummer. We had a holiday yesterday - to celebrate the midnight sun. Wonderful.

bless you :)

Ivy said...

I`ll be pleased to make one for you when you come this way again.