Friday, April 24, 2009

Wild flowers

Looking out of my dining room window earlier this week, instead of seeing the normal dreary lawn full of weeds - I saw this - almost a wildflower meadow!



I went out to have a closer look. Tucked away, hidden from the view from the window in the depths of the grass, I discovered these tiny, dainty violets amongst the daisies, dandelions and primroses.



Even looking at the "weeds" - the daisies and dandelions - there was great beauty in the flowers when looked at closely, and the words "a weed is only a plant in the wrong place" came to my mind. And I realised the truth in that.



Yes, this really is a dandelion - it looks quite similiar in this close up to a chrysanthemum doesn`t it.

1 comment:

eija said...

Beautiful :)

Besides, who is anyone to decide what's weed and what's not? *grin*