Thursday, September 13, 2007

A miracle of life

I apologise that this picture isn`t too clear, but I`ve tried to enlarge a portion of the "What is it" picture which I posted on Sunday.

In the tank, as you may now be able to recognise were baby seahorses. It was such a wonderful privilege and sight to see such tiny life forms, they were no bigger than 1 cm and many were smaller than that, this was about the biggest one in there. (yes, I know I usually use imperial measurements, but they weren`t as big as half an inch long).

It was so fascinating to watch them actually swimming about, and to think that as small as they were they had hearts beating - whatever size must they have been?, and eyes so minute as would be all their body parts, yet they had the distinctive shape and features even at so small and young a stage.

It really is a miracle of nature. I could have stood and watched them for hours, I was so transfixed by the sight of them.


And, here`s a fully grown one, aren`t they beautiful creatures.

1 comment:

zglenallen said...

Hi,

Thought you might be interested in taking a quick look at my new PhotoArt Website it is at www.allenart.co.uk

It is a new venture to showcase my work. If you would like more information or would like to comment, please reply to glern@allenart.co.uk (rather than hit reply) as your comments would be very welcome.

In the meantime, thanks for your time.

Kind regards

Glen