Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Watching spiders

It must be my week for spiders. I`ve just been fascinated by watching a programme on television about them. They really are very clever creatures, in the different ways they spin their webs, and the uses they have for them, the different types of silk each spider can spin from their bodies for various purposes. What a marvel of nature those webs are, so fine and thin, so delicate and so intricately shaped. To see the spiders so close to under the magnifying lenses of the cameras and to see their features and faces, to observe how carefully one of them prepared the place to lay her eggs and then the care she took to ensure they were protected and looked after, was quite something. Nature really is so wonderful if only we took time to stop and look, isn`t it.
But whether that will make me feel differently about them when I next encounter one, I`m very doubtful !

3 comments:

see-through faith said...

read your comment over at alightblazes and I'm so glad you like it.

I agree with you that the white on black is really hard on the eyes. I'm SO happy that the font size is big though, that helps a lot and is such a blessings.

I haven't read much in your blog yet, but I was in Norfolk England in October. We stayed in a GREAT B&B in sheringham and also went to the theatre in Norwich :)

Ivy said...

Glad you found a good B&B when you were in Norfolk. What was the name of it?

see-through faith said...

It's called Pentland Lodge. and it truly is a fab place to stay. Very friendly and GREAT breakfast. The other guests were nice too. It's got a lovely patio too - if the weather is good :)