Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas card verses

I don`t know why, but this year I seem to keep remembering things from Christmas`s past. Like for example, whilst writing my Christmas cards, I found two verses from cards kept coming back into my mind.

“From the four corners of the earth
the wise men came to pray,
and I too pray that love and joy
and peace may come your way”

“May the star that led the Eastern Kings,
to the humble manger bed
shine out for you and guide you too,
through all the years ahead”


The verses were from years and years ago, when I was maybe in my early teens. My parents and I would sit round the table, all the cards spread out in neat lines, and they would pick look at a name from the list then pick up various cards from the table, read aloud the verses until they were satisfied as to which one to send that person. And, so I suppose that was how from one year these couple of verses stuck in my mind. I`d not thought of them for ages, yet this year they came back to me. Odd isn`t it how the mind works. Does anyone else remember verses like that I wonder.

1 comment:

DLM said...

Hello Ivy,
I just found your posting about Christmas verses while searching for wording for my own cards. thanks for sharing these. They are lovely. I also liked your description about yourself and your blog. I started my own recently although am not good about posting very regularly to it yet. Your faith is obvious and that prompted me to investigate your blog a bit further. What struck me is that yours like mine seems to be a place for you to record your own thoughts and ideas, not try to change the world. It is an encouragement to me to see that. Thank you and God bless.
Ardslea