Tuesday, March 09, 2010

More Snowdrops

I took so many photos of the snowdrops on my walk that I thought I`d share a few more with you all.   To me they are such a beautiful flower and one of my favourites.   I marvel at the way something so small and fragile looking can struggle through the earth at this time of year and withstand the cold, frost and all that the climate gives it at this time of year. 





Looking closely at the snowdrops, there were many different kinds too- like this one with the lovely green petals and shading, which one couldn`t see unless you gently lifted its head - or as in this case, put the camera underneath it!



This to me was a good sign of new life among the old, with the fallen and decaying tree trunk and the fresh new snowdrops.   So encouraging, so hopeful.

3 comments:

stf said...

I love snowdrops. These are great photos IVY and I especially love the second one. Thanks for sharing them with me :)

eija said...

oh, wow... no sign of snowdrops - or any other flowers either: Just huge piles of snow everywhere...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.